Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Getting locked in J's room...

It's done. But I was just too exhausted to post. My ankles, knees, and wrists have now recovered and I think my back is getting there. Like I said before, next time, we're hiring a painter!

This is J's room and it's not quite done. There are still some things to be put on the walls, but I need my creative genius sister to come over and help me do that. That's not something I pretend to be good at. Oh, and I haven't taken any after pictures of J's bathroom yet, so that will have to be another post.

These are all rollovers...


The change table (or soon to be dresser) is going to be painted white some time when I don't have a helper around...who knows when that will be! I'd like to eventually replace the only sort of comfortable wicker rocking chair with a glider...or maybe just remove it completely...we'll see...




The bookcase is from Ikea. We were going to get another lower module for the right side, but J has more than enough storage like this (and her closet is still full of STUFF, stuff that doesn't belong to J and really just needs to be sorted and tossed, so one day there will be all that space too) so we're looking for a nice, sturdy table and chairs for her instead.




Oh and we replaced the door knobs. I like the look of the pull down handle-type door knob, but they're a bit too easy for J to open and being "brass" the colour has come off of these ones. Plus, I am constantly getting my pockets snagged on these, so we decided to go with round knobs.

So, part of the reason there was a delay in posting these was because I got locked IN J's room while installing the new door knob. I stuck the closing mechanism thing in and then the door closed behind me. And I was stuck. We tried a whole bunch of things including trying to put the door knob together on two sides of the door. It didn't work. I called for back up, because conveniently, I locked the phone in with me. I also locked some tools in. And finally managed to work the trigger thing just as the back up arrived, equipped with tools.

Not an experience I want to repeat. And even though I know the trick to getting out, I made very sure when I finished J's door and did the bathroom door that the door wasn't going to close on me. I have two more handles to install - our bedroom and bathroom - and I'll do them soon so that at least SOMETHING in our house matches!

No comments:

Post a Comment